Friday, February 10, 2012

Nutty for you


I'm on a role today in the creative department LOL!  Here's another card I created for this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  To see the inspiration photo check out the PS Sparks blog.

I had so much fun playing around for this card.  I wanted to try stamping and colouring on some canvas fabric (to mimic the look in the inspiration photo) with my Copics and boy, I LOVE how it turned out!  I stamped the image in Palette Noir black ink and then lightly coloured with my Copics.  I was surprised at how easy it was to use Copics with little to no bleeding.  I even was able to add a bit of shadowing at the bottom of the image and by adding a darker shade to parts of the image.


I die cut the image into an oval shape and sewed it onto a brown felt scalloped die cut using some embroidery floss.  I added a twine bow and just adhered it to a piece of wood grain paper.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Falling for You set from Paper Smooches
Ink: Palette Noir
Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Accessories:  brown felt, twine, embroidery floss, button, Copic markers, canvas fabric

4 comments:

Jay Gee said...

So clever Jennifer. The colouring on the fabric looks great - I am surprised that it didn't bleed! Love the added stitching too. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

Shilo said...

Love the stamping on canvas...I WILL be using that idea....seen it before but this one was executed so well...super adorable!! Thanks for sharing...good luck in the sparks challenge!

Lori Barnett said...

THUD!!! This is amazing!

Kimberly said...

I love the stamping and coloring on canvas! Congrats on the Sparks win!!!