Monday, February 13, 2012

I miss you and a jar full of thanks

Good morning and welcome to the start of a new week!  Today I have a few more cards I created from my scrap bin and my December 2011 Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month (KOTM).  The layout of both cards were based on two more of the CPS Anniversary sketches (Day 11 and Day 12).

For this first card I made my own sentiment by selectively inking parts of one of the stamps from the kit.  I lined it up using an acrylic block with grids and used the bottom of the panel as my guide.  The original sentiment said "I miss seeing you." but as you can see I edited out the seeing part for my card.  The papers are all from October Afternoon---I love the grey and blue tones of that collection.  I flipped the inspiration sketch for this card.


Supplies (chair):
Stamps: December 2011 Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co (chair and sentiment)
Papers: October Afternoon, Bazzill cardstock, Coredinations cardstock
Ink: Versafine Smoky Grey
Accessories: Offray ribbon, Prima flower, Dienamics scalloped edge die, Fiskars scalloped edge punch
Sketch: CPS Anniversary Sketches Day 11 (CPS # 170)

For this second card I used the jar image and filled it with some pink branches from an older KOTM.  It's a bit hard to tell from the photo but I added a bit of Stickles to the branches to give then some shimmer.  For this card I used scraps from Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye papers. 

Supplies (jar):
Stamps:  December 2011 Kit of the Month (jar with sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co., August 2011 Kit of the Month (branches in jar)
Papers:  Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye, Neenah cardstock
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Ink Spun Sugar
Accessories:  Wilton Doily, Offray ribbon, Prima flower
Sketch:  CPS Anniversary Day # 12 (CPS # 118)

2 comments:

Silvergirl said...

Hey Jen! I just love your take on these sketches! Just perfection! You have an eye for using patterned paper that is just wonderful!

Thanks for joining in my CPS challenge day! ~hugs

Jennie said...

Fabulous designs and love your take on the two sketches. The flower and dies with the first is lovely. Thanks for joining us at CPS!!!