Hello and welcome to day 2 of Your Next Stamp’s (YNS) 14 Days of Holiday Fun. From now until November 3rd YNS has .....
- New Releases, New Releases and more New Releases! There are over 30 new holiday stamps AND a new Holiday Stamp and Die set being release on Oct 27th
- Design Team Inspiration - everyday on the YNS blog, the DT projects featuring the new releases for that day will be posted. There are lots of great holiday projects you will not want to miss!!!
- Early bird special sale – from Oct 21st - Nov 2nd you will get a FREE gift with EVERY purchase plus FREE SHIPPING on all orders to Canada and the US over $30 (enter code YNSHolidays)
And now that we’ve got all those details out of the way, onto my project---Today I’m sharing a card I made using the new Holiday Joy stamp set. I chose to use a simple design so you could make a lot of these fairly quickly (assembly line style) for your holiday card list. I like using a more non-traditional colour palette on my holiday cards so that they can be used for everyone, regardless of whether they celebrate Christmas or not. Scroll down below the images for my supply list and full instructions. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
- Dry emboss light teal cardstock with holiday themed embossing folder, lightly sand around edges (to reveal core) and distress edges with white pigment ink. Mat onto white scalloped rectangle (I created mine by gluing two Nestabilities rectangles together) and then adhere to white cardstock card base.
- Die cut bracket shape out of white cardstock (marker friendly) and teal patterned paper. Cut the patterned paper in half and adhere to bottom of white die cut bracket (for each patterned paper die you can make two center panels so keep the extra).
- Stamp “Joy” image in black ink onto white part of cardstock and colour with markers.
- Add strip of ruffled ribbon and baker’s twine across paper seam (I purchased the ribbon already ruffled at a fabric store). Ink edges of teal portion of panel with white ink and adhere to card base using dimensional adhesive.
- Embellish image with glitter glue and add twine bow and button.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Joann’s Essentials white pigment ink
Papers: Coredinations cardstock, Neenah cardstock (for image panel), Georgia Pacific cardstock (for card base and scalloped rectangles), My Mind’s Eye patterned paper
Accessories: white ruffled ribbon (fabric store), My Mind’s Eye baker’s twine, red button, Spellbinders Nestabilities dies, Stickles, Sizzix Basic Grey embossing folder, Shinhan art makers, Copic markers