Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween week continues with some treat bags

Hello!  Today I'd like to share with you some quick and easy Halloween treat bags that I created using some Purple Onion Designs stamps, distress inks, and some plain white treat bags (from Wilton-designed for wedding treats).  My inspiration for the treat bags came from my childhood memories of getting little paper bags filled with treats on Halloween.  I discovered they don't even make the paper bags anymore (at least in my area) so I set out to create my own.

For the first bag I took some orange distress ink and applied it using a stipple brush around the outside of the bag.  (For you novice stampers, a stipple brush is like a giant paint brush that you can use with inks to give a soft overall application of colour.  I personally find the stipple brush easier to control the colour compared to using sponges.)  I then stamped some bats in black ink onto the bag and added some ribbon, trim and twine to close the bag.  As a final accent I added a glittered die cut bat.

For the second bag I simply stamped the witch and bat images in orange and black ink.  Then I created a paper strip border with some scrap papers and again added some trim and twine.

These bags were very quick to create.--I'd say for both a total of five minutes or less---so you could easily make a lot of them in a short time!  I made 20 of them for my daughter's school Halloween party (but modified a bit to make them toddler friendly) and I filled them with some individually wrapped cookies and peanut free treats.



Supplies:
Stamps:  Bats and Flying Witch (Halloween Flight Set) from Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  Palette Noir, Ranger Dried Marigold Distress Ink, Ranger Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Papers:  Echo Park Apothecary
Accessories:  White paper treat bags (Wilton), Martha Stewart twine, pom pom trim, Dienamics Scalloped edged die from My Favorite Things, Offray ribbon, Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts bat die, black Stickles

1 comment:

Ria said...

Cute bags. I love them.