Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Suzi Blu part 2: A little Pooey Love

Time for a little more Suzi Blu (from Unity Stamp Co)....this time I used the Pooey love kitty cat, coloured with my grey Copics and created a fun gift tag using this month's Unity KOTM Sketch (the diamond background and the sentiment are both from the April KOTM).  When I was done creating the tag I decided to turn it into a card by mounting it on a long and narrow card base.

You may notice LOTS of embossing on this project.  I drew some inspiration from last week's Lily Pad Card's embossing challenge and went to town.  I wet embossed the background diamonds by stamping with purple distress ink and then embossing with clear powder (it's a bit difficult to see on the shimmer cardstock background but it gives a nice shimmer to the tag).  Then I also heat embossed the sentiment in black powder on the tag.  For the card base I used a diamond patterned embossing folder and distressed with the purple distress ink to make it stand out.

Thanks for stopping by!!




Supplies:
Stamps: Pooey Love Itty Bitty (Suzi Blu) from Unity Stamp Co, April 2011 KOTM (diamond backgrounder and sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink: Ranger Mill Lavender Distress Ink, Versamark (for embossing), Memento Tuxedo black ink
Papers: Coredinations cardstock, Lily Bee papers
Accessories: Copic Markers, crepe paper, Ranger black embossing powder, Stampendous clear embossing powder, mailing tag, Offray ribbon, red stickles, Cuttlebug diamond embossing folder

8 comments:

Scrap~tures said...

Love it! So cute!

tina werner said...

haha... poor kitty! love it jen!

Anesha said...

Wonderful tag, love the cat image so sweet!

Jimmi said...

Very pretty!!
thanks so much for playing along with us :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Jennifer, this is amazing!! I love those green eyes and the sparkly heart. To be honest, I never thought that cat was cute until I saw this. Thanks for your inspiration!

Vicky said...

Oh this is such a cute card! I love the colors you used. Thank you for playing along with us at lily pad cards

Lisa H. said...

ack! this is tooo, too cute!

Angela said...

This is SO cute! AWESOME job! Thanks for playing along with UNITY!!