Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!! There's no place like home....

Happy Mother's Day to all the special ladies out there!!  Since I completely forgot that Mother's Day was this week Although I don't have an actual Mother's Day card to share I do have a nice girly and vintage-inspired card for your viewing pleasure.

A few weeks ago, two of my crafting buddies, Kerry and Lesley, got together dyed some seam binding tape that I purchased.  It was pretty easy to make.  All we did (and by we I mean, I supervised while they did all the work LOL!) was cut the binding into long strips, spray with coloured glimmer mists and rolled them up in plastic wrap overnight.  The next day I just undid all the "balls" of ribbon and allowed them to loosely dry on my desk.  As you can see, the results turned out great!  To make the bow, I used my Bow Easy and wrapped the ribbon loosely three times around the arms (as to not un-wrinkle it) before tying into the bow.  Next time I'd probably use the bigger bow template and less loops to make it slightly less bulky :)

Thanks for stopping by!!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Home Sweet Home set from Purple Onion Designs --- please note you can find this set under the Stephanie Ackerman category once it's no longer on the "What's New" page
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink
Papers: Neenah cardstock, My Mind's Eye papers, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories:  Copic markers, Spellbinder's dies, Snug Hug seam binding (dyed with Tattered Angels mists), wood button, Fiskars border punch

2 comments:

Mieke said...

Georgeous card!! LOVE it!!

donna mikasa said...

Sweet card, Jennifer! Can't wait to ink up my POD stamps! Lovely ribbon, too.