Sunday, February 1, 2009

A hybrid valentine card (So Sketchy)


For one of my last sketch assignments at So Sketchy, I was asked to create a heart shaped hybrid card using Jennifer Balding's "This Kiss" digital kit from Divine Digitals.

I printed the pink polka dot paper (used for the heart) and the little bird tree from the kit to use as my base. I added some Basic Grey paper and KI lace cardstock.

Tip: To create a heart shaped card I find it easiest if you leave the back of the card "normal" (e.g. square) so the card easily stands up. I basically cut the heart card base out first and then attach to the square card base. Then just trim the excess cardstock from the front of the card only.

Supplies:
Digital kit (polka dot paper and bird tree): Jennifer Balding's "This Kiss" digital kit from Divine Digitals
Traditional papers: Basic Grey bittersweet, KI lace paper
Accessories: Prima flower, brad, K and Company tag
Stamp (sentiment): Kim Hughes Birds and the Bees from Cornish Heritage Farms

1 comment:

Tracey said...

It's a fantastic card Jen!!