Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday so I'd like to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

In keeping with the theme of birthday, I'd like to share two cards I made using the newest release of Shady Tree Studios stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms.

This first card uses the "Large Floral Vase" stamp. I paper pieced this stamp using the new Basic Grey Marrakesh papers.


The second card is a small note card that uses the new "Perfect Poppies" stamp. I also paper pieced on this card. As you can see in addition to colouring, these stamps lend themselves very well to this technique. Again I used the new Basic Grey Marrakesh papers.


You can see more of the designer samples in the Shady Tree Studio gallery.

Supplies Card 1:
Stamps: Shady Tree Studio Large Floral Vase by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Silhouette Blooms II (Sentiment) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memories by Stewart Superior
Paper: Basic Grey Marrakesh
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic markers (for shading), Pom Pom trim from Bazzill, Fiskars Threading water punch

Supplies Card 2:
Stamps: Shady Tree Studio Perfect Poppies by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Silhouette Blooms II (sentiment) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memories by Stewart Superior
Paper: Basic Grey Marrakesh
Accessories: Nestabilities dies

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Happy birthday to Jen's Mom!!!

Gorgeous cards Jen!!!

Flo said...

Hi there! Your blog's title caught my eye and tickled my funny-bone! And your cards are inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Martha said...

all your cards are amazing!